Sunday, February 19, 2023

Wine and Cheese pairing #1

 Wine and Cheese pairing #1:

Our three cheeses we chose were a Sartori garlic herb cheese paired with a 2020 Sumarroca brut sparkling rose, a sharp white cheddar paired with a 2020 Palacio de Arganza Cabernet Sauvignon, and Brugge comtesse with a 2018 Peirano Estate Chardonnay.

The wine by itself smelled very jammy and had a black ruby color to it, as well as a blackberry/blueberry smell. When drank by itself it had a very herbal taste and very full bodied with a dry earthy taste. It paired very well with the cheese and a chocolate taste came out from the wine with the cheese. The cheese itself had a very normal sharp cheddar taste but definitely paired well and had a stronger taste with the wine. The sharp cheddar is a cheese I usually get by itself but the wine is one I would definitely get again by itself.
The rose had a very floral smell with a mid pink color. Smells of cranberry and strawberry were also very present. By itself the Rose didn't have much taste, but had some slight fruity taste and had a light body and was dry obviously. When paired with the cheese a taste of strawberry really came out and mellowed out the cheese. The cheese by itself was incredibly tasty as the garlic taste was subtle and the herbs came out really well even after the wine. Overall this is a cheese I would buy by itself and the wine is definitely one that I don't think I'd get again.

 The wine by itself had a very pear and lemony scent when first opened. It had an almost butterscotch taste to it along with a pear apple taste. It had a medium dryness and a medium body as well. When paired with the cheese it got a caramel taste as well as the cheese tasting sweeter. Besides that small change there wasn't much of a change with either the wine or cheese. Overall I would consider getting this wine again and the cheese is a must have in the future.

Besides the sharp white cheddar, I hadn't had any of these cheeses before but I was pleasantly surprised with all of them. My roommates and I are definitely looking forward to our next one. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting #6

 The wine I tasted for this blog was a 2021 Bay Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon that I bought from a Kroger in Blacksburg for around $4. It is mad...