Sunday, March 19, 2023

Wine Tasting #6

 The wine I tasted for this blog was a 2021 Bay Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon that I bought from a Kroger in Blacksburg for around $4. It is made from the Cabernet Sauvignon variety grape and is grown in the central valley of California. 

As found on Tastings.com they describe the tasting notes as "Ruby black color. Aromas of red cassis, ripe plum, spice cookies, dill, and sun dried tomato with a supple, vibrant, dry-yet-fruity light-to-medium body and a smooth, snappy chocolate tart and hints of almonds finish with well-integrated, medium tannins and moderate oak flavor. A juicy, pairable Cab for the table and beyond" (https://www.tastings.com/Wine-Review/Bay-Bridge-Vineyards-NV-Cabernet-Sauvignon-California-USA-10-15-2020.aspx)

As found on page 221 of Wine Folly they describe the Cabernet Sauvignon grape as The world’s most popular wine is a natural cross between Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon Blanc that originated in Bordeaux. Wines are concentrated and age-worthy." and "The rich flavor and high tannin content in Cabernet Sauvignon make it a perfect partner to rich grilled meats, peppery sauces, and dishes with high flavor."

In my own words I would describe this as a wine that had a very strong opening smell of spices and unnameable fruit. The first taste I had was very smooth and had a strong plum and unnamed fruit taste as well, with this being the most wine tasting wine I've ever had. What I mean by that is there was not much flavor or smell to be had, and it tasted just like someone who had never had wine before would expect. While it was only $4 so I couldn't complain, I would not get this wine again but was glad I was able to get the experience of what the huge differences are between a cheap wine and the wines you find at the Vintage Cellar and just how much better they are there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Tasting #6

 The wine I tasted for this blog was a 2021 Bay Bridge Cabernet Sauvignon that I bought from a Kroger in Blacksburg for around $4. It is mad...